You can install the Microsoft Word extension in two ways: either directly downloading it via the Microsoft Appsource page, or by installing it using the Office Store within Word itself.
Downloading directly through Microsoft Appsource
The Microsoft Appsource page for QuillBot allows you to directly download it into your Word by following these steps.
- Go to the QuillBot Appsource page.
- Click on the "Get It Now" button located near the top left of the page.
- If you are not signed in to your Microsoft account, please do so to continue. Please note that you should sign in with a Microsoft account, not a QuillBot account, at this step, and that you need a Microsoft account in order to download extensions from the Appsource page.
- Microsoft will present you with the following message:
To proceed, press continue.
- This will direct you to a new page, which looks like this:
Click on "Open in Word" to continue.
- This will open a new browser prompt, which looks like this:
Select "Word" in the prompt, and then click "Open Link". This allows Word to open and install the extension.
- Word will now open, and give you a page explaining how to find the extension. QuillBot will have opened on the right hand side. Remember to click "Trust this Extension", as you will be unable to use the extension otherwise.
- You can now log into the QuillBot extension and use it! Note: log in using your QuillBot account in the extension, NOT your Microsoft account.
Installing directly through Microsoft Word
- Sign in to Word using your Microsoft account before installing the add-in to make the process friction-free.
NOTE: The QuillBot Word Add-in is only compatible with Windows Word versions 16.0.11629 and higher, and Word Online.
- Click on the "Insert" tab, and then click on "Add-ins". A new window in Word will appear.
- In the window that pops up, search "QuillBot" in the search bar on the left. Then, click on the "Add" button when QuillBot pops up.
- QuillBot will be added into Word. It will appear in the right of the tabs, as in this image:
You can click on that tab and then select "Launch QuillBot" to open QuillBot on the right side of your screen!
- Log in to the service with your email and password to start using it. The application will look like this once it is all open and ready: