Modes are a setting that change what the QuillBot AI will focus on when you paraphrase. Each mode has specific things it focuses on in your text.
There are seven modes total, which are as follows:
- Standard. This mode is the default. It balances changing the text with maintaining the original meaning to make it sound as natural as possible.
- Fluency. This mode ensures there are no grammatical mistakes and that the text sounds genuine. The least amount of changes are made in Fluency mode, but the meaning stays exactly the same. Synonyms are put on the lowest setting.
- Formal. This mode changes the text to look and sound more professional. This is a great option for writing in academic or business contexts.
- Simple. This mode seeks to make your text less difficult to read and more accessible.
- Creative. This mode makes the most amount of changes to the text so it looks and sounds entirely different. It is possible that the meaning will be altered using this mode.
- Shorten. This mode shortens the text as much as possible while retaining the original meaning. This is good for reducing overall word count.
- Expand. This mode increases the length of the text as much as possible by adding more words. This is good for when you need a higher overall word count.
Our free accounts receive Standard and fluency modes. Premium accounts receive the additions of Creative, Formal, Shorten, and Expand modes.
How do I change the mode?
You can change a mode by clicking on the name of the mode you want to select. The modes' location is circled in red in this image:
The mode you have selected will be colored green, as well as underlined with a green line.